Burton Cartel X Bindings
2021 Burton Cartel X Bindings
The Cartels have knocked it out of the park for well over a decade, and few people would argue that they're anything but bona fide hall of famers. They're not content to kick back and cruise into retirement with their feet propped up on the book of snowboarding lore, though. The all new Burton Cartel X Snowboard Bindings slap a new highback on an old favorite for a stiffer, more precise flex, improved response, and more power than you thought possible. Amazingly, there's never been a better time to snag a pair of Cartels, and these one's have the X factor you're looking for.
- Medium-Stiff Flex: Helps with quick, technical maneuvers, even at high speeds. Great for all-mountain carving, powerful freeriding and charging through the terrain park.
- Re:Flex™ Binding System: Offers more flex, feel, and cushioning than traditional disc bindings, in a package that's universally compatible with all current mounting systems, including 4x4, 3D® (via Burton Rider Service), and the Channel®. The minimized, cored base-plate with Living Hinge™ disc reduces the weight and footprint of the binding, while also bending freely for a more natural flex.
- Single Component 45% Short-Glass / Nylon Composite Baseplat: One material throughout creates consistent response and feel for all‑terrain domination. Carbon performance without killing your credit card.
- Re:Flex™ FullBED Cushioning System: Offers full underfoot cushioning that maximizes comfort while minimizing fatigue. Anchored to the baseplate, the stealth trap door design makes it easy to access the mounting hardware.
- B3 Gel: The same cushioning found in Burton's high-end boots for ultimate dampening that's formulated to withstand repeated impacts without breaking down or hardening up in cold temps.
- Single Component Construction: The simplicity of a one-piece hi-back means immediate response. Using Burton's book of material secrets, they can manipulate the overall flex profile -- from buttery to responsive.
- Zero-Lean Canted Hi-Back Design: Your legs don't go straight up, and neither should your hi-backs. This ergonomic design follows the natural contours of your left and right legs to maximize control and comfort. Riders who prefer a more playful and relaxed feel will dig the Zero ForwardLean design on select hi‑backs. As always, you can still choose to crank ‘em forward for quicker control when carving or climbing icy pipe walls.
- Heel Hammock: A reinforced rubbery material wraps response around the heel of any boot. Run your straps a little looser and still get lightening fast response out of turns with your heel cradled in complete suspension.
- DialFLAD™: The higher the Forward Lean angle on your hi-backs, the quicker your heel-edge turns. Crank ’em forward for icy hits in the pipe, or back ’em off for jibbing.
- Hammockstrap™ 2.0: Everything Burton's team riders love about the Hammockstrap, but paired with Smooth Glide™ buckles for a reduced profile and more comfortable fit.
- Supergrip Capstrap™ 2.0: Minimalist design merges two materials into one technologically advanced toe strap. A firmer material in the spine provides a supportive and lightweight skeleton, while a softer over-molded material improves boot wrap and comfort. Featuring Ultra-minimized and fully injected with an over-molded design. Made ultra-durable, glue-less, stitch-less and PU-free construction. 3D curved with a triple axis spine as well as a true wrap toe window.
- Flex Slider: Makes strapping-in a breeze with a strategically stretched hinging zone that allows the heel strap to flex and fall fully open. Thanks to science of forced molecular alignment, the Flex Slider is also incredibly strong.
- Smooth Glide™ Buckles: Lightweight aluminum and polycarbonate levers give you season after season of buttery smooth and reliable ratcheting power.
- Compatible with All Major Mounting Systems
- Re-Ground Materials to Reduce Waste