Capita Womens Space Metal Fantasy Snowboard 2020
2020 Capita Women's Space Metal Fantasy Snowboard
WOMEN’S / RADIAL / TRUE TWIN
A few times each year, we hike deep into the forest. On our backs, we carry everything we need, and only what we need. With each step we are further removed from the reality we’ve grown accustomed to, returning to the one we have drifted away from.
The journey is one of discovery and rediscovery. There is no destination.
Each switchback we round is like an old door opening once again. We stride though nature’s gates and down vaguely familiar halls that our neglect has left covered in dust. We walk until we’re exhausted; we stop when it feels right. Camp is set and for the brief moment that we’re out there, it is our refuge, it is our sanctuary. The flickering ring of light around our campfire signals our safe place.
We wander and explore, but always, we come back to the light.
For Humans, the campfire is primordial. It is a portal reaching into our distant past. Back to the time when our ancestors came down from the protective cover of their treetop homes to explore savannahs filled with new wonders. The campfire is where our realities transformed, and luminous moments with others are what sparked the cognitive revolution. Within its embers lie the secular spirits of both the civil and wild.
Embraced by its warmth we sit in awe at how far we’ve come, and how much left we have to learn.
The five-time Transworld Good Wood Award winning Space Metal Fantasy is regarded as one of the best women’s park boards on the market. This very forgiving reverse camber shape provides a fun experience for intermediate riders looking to expedite the learning curve and take their riding to the next level. For classification purposes, we say this is a park series, but in truth, it’s much more than that. The Space Metal Fantasy is fun for carving around the slopes, playing on features in the park, and even floats ridiculously well in powder. Upgraded for 2019 with a durable and easy to maintain SuperDrive™ EX base, the SMF is a vehicle for progression and can excel in any riding environment without breaking the bank.
CAMBER TYPE: NEW! PARK V2 PROFILE
These versatile boards feature a dual reverse camber Flat Kick freestyle shape. A zero camber section throughout the insert area provides a stable skate-style feel, while elevated contact points turn on a dime and float effortlessly in powder.
FSC® CERTIFIED SELECT CORE™
Poppy lightweight core with no irregularities or finger joints for uniform flex and consistency.
SPECIAL BLEND FIBERGLASS MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN
Custom weighted Biaxial top / Biaxial bottom = increased strength and durability. Impregnated with reformulated, high performance plant-based MAGIC BEAN™ RESIN.
NEW! SUPERDRIVE™ EX BASE
The new standard in sintruded base material, this versatile running base is precision forged for high abrasion resistance and a super smooth glide.
• Multitech™ Level 4 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen
+ PAM16000™ Topsheet w/ Metallic Underlay
• Sublimation Base
• PLT Topsheet Technology™
• 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
• Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
• Bitter End Deflection Tuning
• Stainless Steel 4 x 2 Inserts
- Our Take: Looking for a killer park board? Something to chill around resort groomers? Just getting started and want an awesome board to progress on? How about a monster in the streets to film your next urban edit on? The Space Metal Fantasy has got all that and more. Built for versatility this hybrid-reverse camber shape makes this board the perfect choice for all things freestyle. Super catch free on the tip and tail the SMF is built with a flat zone in between the binders to give you stability and control at speed. Poppy, snappy, fun and lively are a few great words to explain how the Space Metal feels under foot.
- Rider Profile: Female rider looking for a great board to learn on OR an experienced rider who needs an exceptional park/rail board.
- Recommended Bindings: Top picks for the SMF are the UNION Milan, Trilogy, Juliet or Rosa. Check these bindings out to see which works best for YOU.