Union Contact Pro Snowboard Binding 2020
2020 Union Contact Pro Snowboard Binding in black
GIGI TESTED. RUF APPROVED
Designed and endorsed by Union Pro Rider Gigi Rüf, the Contact Pro has become a staple within the Union collection with team riders and retailers alike. With a nominal binding-to-board contact footprint and softer flex overall, it's the perfect tool for riders looking for total freedom and a surfy board feel.
DURAFLEX ST - SUPER TOUGH
One of the lightest bindings ever produced, the Contact Pro focuses the strength of Duraflex ST in critical areas of the base for power, and Vaporlite dampening underfoot for cushioned comfort.
5% CONTACT AREA
Patented minimal board-to-binding footprint crucially reduces interference with your board’s true flex and provides a more natural response and feel.
- HIGHBACK: CP3 DURAFLEX HIGHBACKS
Developed and tested by Gigi Rüf, CP3 Highbacks are incredibly light, extremely comfortable, and outstanding in all types of snowboarding terrain.
- (NEW) STRAPS: FORMA
New and improved, the design of the Forma Ankle Strap produces strength and rapid response on the outside, fit and pillowed comfort on the inside.
- BASEPLATE: CP3 DURAFLEX DURAFLEX ST BASE
Duraflex ST blended nylon is utilized on the Contact Pro to provide a medium flexing base that is softer than the Ultra and stiffer than the Contact. A great choice for all types of snowboarding.
- HEELCUP: EXTRUDED 3D ALUMINUM HEELCUPS
The rigidity and strength of Extruded Aluminum acts like a roll cage on a race car - stiffening the entire chassis. The male/female connection with the base provides seamless response.
- BUSHING: FULL-BOTTOM THERMOFORMED EVA
The Full Bottom Bushing system allows for natural canting, incredible vibration dampening and a surfy feel.
- HARDWARE: GRADE 8.8 STEEL
The strongest steel available on the market - our use of Grade 8.8 represents our commitment of delivering the strongest and most reliable bindings on the market today.
- Our Take: The Contact PRO has been a favorite of ours since its inception in 2010 and has been a work in progress ever since. Developed by Gigi Rüf to complement his all-mountain freestyle ability, the Contact PRO is built to have a soft flexing, Vaporlite base tray with ultimate board feel while offering a supportive, mid-flex highback. Putting an emphasis on weight reduction, the inspiration in the aesthetic is apparent in the lack of materials present in the highback, as well as the full EVA foam basetray underfoot. The Contact PRO continues to be a C3 staff pick year after year and it’s because of the versatility of this binding. Whether you’re ducking into the whiteroom or running hot laps in the park the Contact PRO has everything you need, and a little bit extra.
- Rider Profile: Freestyle rider who is 50% park and 50% all-mountain. If you’re the kind of rider who brings what he’s learned in the park into the sidecountry than this is the binder for you. Side hits, airing rollers, dropping cliffs and sending natural pole jams in the woods is where this binder excels.
- Inside Scoop: Gigi Rüf developed this binding as his unofficial pro-model back in 2010 to accommodate his massively skate influenced style. Gigi was a pioneer who contributed vastly to the level of backcountry, freestyle snowboarding as we know it today.
- Size Chart: Small: 6 – 7.5 / Medium: 8 – 10 / Large: 10+